Annual Garage Door Maintenance Tips
(Best done in the fall)
- Lubricate all rollers and hinges.
- On torsion garage door springs, lubricate springs and end bearings.
- On extension spring systems lubricate the sheaves or
- Suggested lubricants would be synthetic spray grease or a silicone based spray like WD40
- Light spray grease should be used on the chain of chain drive openers.
- Low temp grease should be used on the drive of screw drive openers.
- Belt drive openers normally do not require lubrication.
Doors With Openers
- Doors with openers should have the opener released, when
the door is closed or nears the floor, and operated manually
to check the balance of the spring pressure to the weight of
- This is especially important when you have a door with hidden springs, so you do not damage your opener.
Hinges & Hardware
- Hinges and hardware on doors need to be checked for loose fasteners and possible cracks.
Call Immy's Garage Door Service for any service you need help with at 608-335-6411
Brought to you by Immy’s Garage Door Service providing the community with safe, reliable service with over 30 years of experience by a locally owned and operated company.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the standard sizes of Overhead Door’s residential garage doors?
Our doors range from 8' wide to 20' wide (in 1 ft. increments). Standard heights are 7' and 8' tall. Odd-heights and odd-widths are also available and vary by individual door series.
Can I replace one garage door panel or do I need to replace the whole door?
Yes, replacing only a section of your garage door is possible in some cases; however, depending upon the damage involved, the entire door may need to be replaced.
Can my garage door be painted?
Many of our residential garage doors can be painted. Please see your owner's manual for specific painting instructions. In addition, most of our commercial doors can be powder coated.
How much does a new garage door system cost?
There are many factors that play into the price of a garage door such as: design, material, level of thermal efficiency, and geographic region. The great news is, according to Remodeling Magazine’s 2013 Cost vs. Value study, purchasing a new garage door is a great remodeling investment. To get a quote on a specific product, contact us.
Can my non-insulated door be insulated?
Yes, there are insulation kits available to add insulation to your existing garage door.
What maintenance does my garage door require?
Our garage door systems are built for long-lasting performance and daily use, but we recommend inspecting your garage door annually. If you suspect a problem, be sure to contact us and we can inspect your system.
I have a low ceiling in my garage. Will a garage door and opener work in this space?
Yes. A residential garage door requires a minimum of 4 1/2” of headroom space. Your garage door system may need a low-headroom track system or a low-headroom-torsion rear-track system. For a garage door opener, you will need slightly more headroom (about 6 1/2” minimum).
What garage door best complements my home’s architecture?
Our wide selection of designs provide a variety of garage doors to complement any architectural style.